Technology is forcing the pace of change to increase exponentially, making it difficult to keep up with advances in automation. Do you want to build financial capacity and better leverage information and technology to help your institution thrive in today’s changing education landscape?
We work with institutions of all sizes
- Small institutions have the size to take advantage of agility and speed, but usually lack the resources to make big changes.
- Large institutions have the resources, but change is like moving a mountain because of the size.
Regardless of your size, our process starts with the end goal in mind, What information do you want to get out of your system?
Our comprehensive approach gives special attention to:
- Planning: The reports/information you want to receive are the most crucial part of the design. Understanding the processes and needs of the many users of your data is a crucial first step in design. The chart of accounts falls into place once proper planning is done.
- Ease of use: We add a user perspective when understanding the need to balance reporting needs, with ease of data entry and reconciliation. We have worked in different environments and understand the complexity of data coming from multiple systems and how to best integrate with it.
- Automation tools: There are so many options for automating processes from accounts payable entry and approval, to revenue recognition, bank reconciliations, etc. Redesigning is also a great time to consider some efficiency tools. We are advocates for leveraging automation to reduce data entry and redundancies.
- Custom reporting: One of the most overlooked steps, and in our opinion, the most important. You need to be able to get the data out of the system in a way that is meaningful to users.
To learn how we can help you build financial capacity and better leverage information and technology to help your institution thrive in today’s changing education landscape, click here.
“We had significant challenges in reporting, manual closing processes, no regular reporting. We have made so much progress. We couldn’t have done it without FutureED Finance!”
VP of Finance & Administration
Ohio Wesleyan University